Painting the bricks can really elevate the look of your house. It is a tedious and tough task, which requires more time to paint than smooth surfaces. Our Medford house painters in NJ have been painting brick walls for the exterior as well as the interior decor of houses. In this article, we take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of painting bricks in your home. This will help you decide if you want to take the risk or not.
Advantages of Painting Bricks
- Enhances the Curb Appeal of your House Painting brick walls bring textures to your house painting, be it interior or exterior. It is also helpful when a brick wall has lost its charm due to weather beating. Painting such a wall can restore its look. It is also great to enhance the curb appeal of your house.
- Adds a Protective Layer Weather elements can cause erosion on the exposed layer of bricks. Hence, painting is the best method to protect your brick walls from damage and deterioration. Our professional painters in Medford NJ, use good quality primer and high-quality paint to paint the brick walls.
- Easy to Maintain Brick walls, if painted, are easy to maintain. Paint protects the bricks from wear and tear and also from the growth of moss, algae and weeds.
Disadvantages of Painting Bricks
- Lengthy Preparation Process Preparatory steps before painting a brick wall are extensive, and it takes a lot of time. Cleaning bricks and preparing them for painting is a tedious task. Also, the right kind of materials for painting on a brick wall are not that easily available.
- Peeling and Fading Usually, brick walls are exterior structures, and hence there are higher chances of them being exposed to moisture, due to which the paint can peel and fade. Make sure you are using material that has a high capability to withstand moisture. Sometimes, some fine cracks called hairline fissures, and cracks get developed in the walls. These retain moisture and make the paint peel off. So, make sure you are using high-quality products to prepare the surface well before painting.
- Painting is Permanent If you’ve painted your brick walls, then it would be difficult to restore them to their original form. If the brick wall is painted once, it needs to be painted regularly. Because the brick surface is uneven, removing paint is not as simple as you think. Some paint can remain in the cracks of the bricks.
Contact Us for House Painting Services in Medford
Make sure you are weighing the advantages and disadvantages well before you decide on painting the bricks. Pizzazz Painting has expert painters in Medford NJ, who are skilled in painting brick walls. Our house painters have a wide understanding of various surfaces and paints. Get in touch with us for house or commercial painting services!